Saturday, October 17, 2009

How this works

The first review I'm going to post is of the book I've most recently read. This is simply because it is freshest in my mind right now and I can easily expound on it's merits and weaknesses (or what, in my humble opinion, I believe them to be). Reviews of the other books I've read may need some revisitation, as it's been a month or more since I read some of them.

In each review I will try to break down the key elements into separate sections such as...
Setting
Plot line
Notable features
My thoughts

and anything else I may come up with along the way.

I would like to note that recently I have gotten into listening to books on CD. This started mainly out of getting bored with the morning talk radio shows I would listen to on my commute to work. So, I decided I could get some "reading" done during that time instead. It has worked quite well, keeping my interest enough to make the ride seem shorter. I have an hour commute with the traffic, so getting in two hours of "reading" a day is two hours more than I usually get! So far I have listened to six books, two of which fit the category of this blog. These are The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud (see first review below) and Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer. I'll note in the review if I read the book in the traditional formate or listened to an audiobook version, as I believe this dramatically changes the story experience.

So, without further ado, I'm off to my first review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books on this blog

  • City of Bones, Book One of The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
  • Eighth Grade Bites, The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod by Heather Brewer
  • Evermore by Alyson Noel
  • Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
  • Magyk, Book One of the Septimus Heap Series by Angie Sage
  • The Alchemyst: Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott
  • The Bartimaeus Trilogy: The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud