Sunday, October 17, 2010

Book Blogger Hop: Oct 15-18, 2010

Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Crazy-for-Books. 
Click the button for rules on how to participate in this fun Book Party!
 
Book Blogger Hop


This week's question is:
"When you read a book that you just can't get into, do you stick it out and keep reading or move to your next title?"

My answer:
I'm like to think that I choose the books I read carefully enough  before I start reading to avoid this problem. This has only happened to me once, and while it was not a horrible book, it was not a YA fantasy and  I thought my time could be better spent on genre-related books. I do not have enough of a presence in the blogosphere yet to be receiving books for review, and while it would be exciting, it also gives me the freedom to review only what I want. 

Another thing to consider is audio books. I listen to a lot of audio books while I'm driving, and for me, it is easier to get through a book I am only marginally interested in when I am simply listening to it. I think for this reason I have skirted around the problem this week's Hop question addresses.

I'm a little late posting this week but if you've found my blog via the Hop, welcome, and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I very rarely buy books that I end up not finding interesting; however, I've run into this with some review books. When I found one that I couldn't finish, I just put up a review stating that I couldn't finish it (and why). But then I felt so bad about it that the next review book that I read and hated I pushed myself through (took me weeks, as I had to read others in between to remind myself of why I loved reading), but when I posted my review, I didn't feel bad about it! :)

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I wanted to let you know that you have received a blogger award! Go to
    http://lostinyawonderland.blogspot.com/2010/10/blogger-awards.html to claim your award!

    ReplyDelete

Books on this blog

  • City of Bones, Book One of The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
  • Eighth Grade Bites, The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod by Heather Brewer
  • Evermore by Alyson Noel
  • Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
  • Magyk, Book One of the Septimus Heap Series by Angie Sage
  • The Alchemyst: Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott
  • The Bartimaeus Trilogy: The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud