Sunday, September 12, 2010

Remember When.... meme

Remember When….

This is a new occasionally occurring meme I am starting because of my love of nostalgia. Feel free to play along if you like, just leave a link to your "Remember When..." in the comments section.

"Remember When..." will showcase a book that I read as a child or young teenager and remember fondly. I'm doing this to highlight some of the great older books out there that perhaps don't get the spotlight in the blogosphere because they were written before it's advent. When most book blogs are reviewing and hyping the newest books on the market, which is great, I would like to take a moment every once in a while to look back on what shaped my reading interests.

So, without further ado, here is my book selection:



The Door in the Wall by Marguerite de Angeli



What a great little book! I can't say that I remember the story line well, but I do remember it very fondly, and that's the point! For some reason I am drawn to books set in monasteries in Medieval times. I don't know why. The book I am currently reading, The Sorcerer of Sainte Felice, made me think of The Door in the Wall because of its similar setting. This is a gem of a book - check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books on this blog

  • City of Bones, Book One of The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
  • Eighth Grade Bites, The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod by Heather Brewer
  • Evermore by Alyson Noel
  • Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
  • Magyk, Book One of the Septimus Heap Series by Angie Sage
  • The Alchemyst: Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott
  • The Bartimaeus Trilogy: The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud